- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Latest Steve Israel Items
New York Rep. Steve Israel, chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, condemned an email sent by his own organization last week that called a Republican Iraq War veteran a "coward."
Rep. Steve Israel, the head of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, said on a recent CNN appearance that the majority of Republican lawmakers and party members are racist — but then threw a bone and clarified that maybe "not all" were.
An overhaul to the nation's broken immigration system remains stalled because "the Republican base does have elements that are animated by racism," the head of the House committee to elect Democratic lawmakers said Sunday.
Rep. Steve Israel, New York Democrat, said Wednesday that he hopes Alex Sink, the Democrat who lost the special election in Florida's 13th district to David Jolly, will run again in November.
Two suburban New York congressmen called Monday for prison time and stiff fines for anyone convicted of interfering with the radio transmissions of emergency responders.
An empty seat and swing districts loom large as Republicans and Democrats look to pick up House seats in New York this year.
The head of the campaign arm for House Democrats downplayed the notion that a loss in a Florida special election this month would spell trouble for the party's chances of picking up a significant number of House seats in the midterm election this fall.
A "civil war" in the Republican caucus has lead to chaos, confusion and little getting done in Washington, Rep. Steve Israel, New York Democrat, said Thursday on MSNBC's "Andrea Mitchell Reports."
The chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee said Tuesday that it is too early to tell whether his party can take over the House in the 2014 election but that he is confident the issue of Syria will not stand in its way.