- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Steve John
Clint Eastwood added another starring role at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am - life saver.
Eastwood attended a volunteer party on the eve of the PGA Tour event when he noticed tournament director Steve John choking on a piece of cheese. The 83-year-old actor quickly performed the Heimlich maneuver.
"It was in Colorado about seven or eight years ago. But it wasn't Clint Eastwood," he said. "I haven't talked to him since that night. It was crazy."
"I was drinking water and eating these little appetizers, threw down a piece of cheese and it just didn't work," John said Friday.