- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Steve Lavin Items
Butler's first four home games as a member of the Big East Conference had each gone to overtime.
Sir'Dominic Pointer had the crowd at Carnesecca Arena groaning with 4.3 seconds to play Thursday night. By the time the final buzzer sounded, the junior swingman had made those fans happy after seeing a tough losing streak come to an end.
D'Angelo Harrison, the third-leading scorer in the Big East Conference, was suspended Friday by St. John's for the rest of the season.
Lubick, who entered the game shooting 70 percent (23 of 33) from the field over the previous five games, hit 8 of 10 shots and added 10 rebounds as the Hoyas won their fourth straight and sixth in seven games.
Steve Lavin isn't going anywhere. The St. John's coach may not be on the sideline when the Red Storm are playing but he is in charge of the program.
St. John's coach Steve Lavin won't accompany his team to Thursday night's game at No. 1 Kentucky, the third straight game and fourth this season he's missed while recovering from prostate cancer surgery.
Steve Lavin is making a surprise return to the St. John's bench, one month and three days after the coach had prostate cancer surgery.
Steve Lavin attended St. John's basketball practice Tuesday, his first since undergoing prostate cancer surgery on Oct. 6.
St. John's coach Steve Lavin has had successful surgery to treat prostate cancer.