- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
- Sebelius calls for review of Obamacare rollout woes
- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
Latest Steve Lavin Items
St. John's senior guard D.J. Kennedy tore the ACL in his right knee during the Red Storm's Big East tournament loss to Syracuse. He will undergo surgery and miss the NCAA tournament.
Jeremy Hazell somehow got lost in the wild ending surrounding Seton Hall's 84-70 upset of No. 15 St. John's.
One sign that you've made it in New York City is being recognized by the man in the street. Steve Lavin might soon need a disguise.
Duke is back on top of the Associated Press' college basketball poll for the first time in just over a month. St. John's is back in the Top 25 for the first time in over a decade.
The three New York area Big East schools all had new coaches to start the season. Steve Lavin, Mike Rice and Kevin Willard have made it to the halfway point, each trying to turn around a program in what is without argument the best conference in the country.
Teams that beat Duke have reason to celebrate. Teams that blow Duke out of the building should be able to party all night. So, how long will the St. John's players be allowed to celebrate Sunday's 93-78 victory over No. 3 Duke — a game that wasn't as close as the final score indicated?
Hollis Thompson responded to his benching with 15 points and six rebounds, and No. 21 Georgetown brought its Jersey success home to a snowbound nation's capital Wednesday night with a 77-52 win over St. John's.
Rick Pitino carefully debated his vote in the Big East coaches' preseason poll. He considered Pittsburgh and Villanova _ the two teams that sit 1-2 in the conference poll.