- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
Topic - Steve "Luker" Danyluk
Ever since playing Lt. Dan - the character in the movie "Forrest Gump" who lost his legs fighting in Vietnam - actor Gary Sinise has devoted time and treasure to helping the nation's military personnel and first responders.
Ever since playing Lt. Dan _ the character in the movie "Forrest Gump" who lost his legs fighting in Vietnam _ actor Gary Sinise has devoted time and treasure to helping the nation's military personnel and first responders.
"It just popped into my head that we should get Gary Sinise here to do a benefit because he had performed for us in Dallas," he said, adding that he e-mailed Mr. Sinise. "I didn't know if I would get anything back, but I got a response in about 20 minutes."
"It's a purely volunteer effort. We don't have any big corporate sponsors, although American Airlines ran a flight to bring in the band," Mr. Danyluk said. "Gary has donated everything."