- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Latest Steve Morris Items
Kansas conservatives are claiming total victory in the state's Republican civil war after a string of defeats for moderate Senate candidates in state legislative primaries Tuesday.
Conservative Republicans who have been working to push more liberal party members out of state legislatures in a large section of the country have scored big victories in Kansas, where a state Senate that has been an obstacle to fiscal and social policy changes is likely to have a solid conservative majority next year.
Kansas is one of those schizophrenic states that produce movers and shakers on both sides of the aisle, plus a lot of moderates like Viagra pitchman Bob Dole.