- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Topic - Steve Neumann
Once the eight-goal scoring madness at the College Cup had ended and Georgetown goalie Tomas Gomez batted away the final penalty kick, there was one last sprint to make.
Confetti flew through the air, and the sellout crowd stormed the field to celebrate Georgetown's 3-1 victory over San Diego in the Elite Eight. The Hoyas will advance to the Final Four in Hoover, Ala., to play Maryland (who won the semifinal against Louisville).
Teammates ran after their goalie – "You're killing my fitness with those 100-yard runs," forward Steve Neumann told Gomez later – until Gomez ended his sprint by sliding near a corner-kick flag with arms raised to the heavens.