- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Latest Steve Oleksy Items
Before every game, Capitals coach Adam Oates has to make 23 go into 20. The NHL allows teams to carry 23 players. Only 20 can dress for a game. As cool as the media corps may be, players would rather be on ice than up in the press box where the scratches sit for a game.
Steve Oleksy won his first championship there. Troy Brouwer played his first playoff series there. Alex Ovechkin is facing one of Russia's greatest players. Tune in to Caps-Red Wings now!
With their star forward out for a second straight night with an unspecified upper-body injury, Washington won its second game in a row with a 3-2 a shootout victory over the Florida Panthers on Saturday night.
When Schmidt signed with the Capitals last season and was sent to Hershey of the AHL, Oleksy provided something that really helped Schmidt out. When Schmidt was recalled by the Caps last week, Oleksy was there to help again.
One thing the Caps don't have to do is wonder if they made the right decision to keep 19-year-old Tom Wilson on their roster. A small sample size to be sure with only four games, but Wilson is giving them their money's worth so far.
With the amateur draft looming Sunday and free agency set to begin July 5, the Capitals are focused on their future first before they turn to tying up remaining loose ends on the current roster.
The Capitals were bruised and battered after the whistles and between them got blown out of the building 4-1 by the Bruins. Goaded into fights and involved in a lot of pushing and shoving, they fell into the trap of playing Boston's physical style.
With Cameron Schilling joining Tomas Kundratek and Steve Oleksy in the lineup, half the Caps' defense corps was with Hershey when the NHL season began.
Marcus Johansson would have liked his return to come in a victory instead of a 4-1 Washington Capitals loss to the New York Rangers, but his play Sunday drew rave reviews from coach Adam Oates.