- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Steve Scalise Items
President Obama called on Congress Saturday to approve measures that he said would help the middle class, from a job-training initiative to comprehensive immigration reform.
During his four terms in Congress, Rep. Steve Scalise, the new No. 3 man in House leadership, has been a major backer of American energy production, frequently visiting offshore oil rigs to tout the benefits of drilling in the U.S.
House Majority Whip-elect Steve Scalise has tapped GOP Rep. Patrick McHenry of North Carolina to be his chief deputy whip, adding another voice from a southern state to the new House leadership team.
House Republicans chose Rep. Kevin McCarthy of California to be their new majority leader Thursday and elected Rep. Steve Scalise of Louisiana to succeed him as majority whip, giving conservatives a staunch advocate on the GOP leadership team.
The race for the House GOP's whip leadership post is turning into a two-man affair, lawmakers said Wednesday after emerging from a closed-door meeting where they heard pitched from the candidates.
Ahead of a potentially fractious three-way contest for House Majority Whip, Republicans on Tuesday stressed the need for a unifying conservative voice in a conference that's often been split between leadership and the rank and file.
With Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy poised to ascend the House leadership ladder, conservatives are turning their attention to the race to succeed him as their best chance to have one of their own win a high leader's post.
Recent editorials from Louisiana newspapers:
The executive director of the House Republican Study Committee has been fired, and the co-founder of Tea Party Patriots said the ouster is little more than the establishment GOP's latest attempt to drive out the strong conservative element from the party — especially since the replacement hails as an ally of House Speaker John Boehner.