- N.Y. prosecutors: Russian diplomats bilked $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
- Sarah Palin responds to Martin Bashir’s resignation, praises media
- Obama to send 2 Gitmo terror suspects back to Algeria
- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Steve Webb
A minister in Britain sparked a heated legislative debate when he declared that God was undoubtedly a liberal, pointing in particular to the Gospels in the Bible.
"I think he's a first class minister and I think that in his role you would want to think that what you were doing was the Christian thing to be doing," he said. "So I rather admire Steve Webb for saying it, but I'm not going to let him get away with the idea that God ... in a Lib Dem."
"This assertion will shock or offend some, but I believe that these is no other conclusion that can be drawn from a reading of the New Testament."