- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Steven Baynes Items
The District's juvenile-justice agency fired its human resources manager last week in the wake of unresolved questions around the hiring of a superintendent to oversee the city's youth-detention facility, D.C. human resources officials said.
Mayor Vincent C. Gray's pick to lead the District's juvenile justice agency will likely be confirmed this week by running out the clock on any objections to his nomination.
A D.C. Department of Human Resources investigation has failed to address lingering questions about how a key post was filled at the District's juvenile justice agency.
A D.C. Department of Human Resources investigation failed to address lingering questions about how a key post was filled in the District's Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services - creating uncertainty over the fate of Mayor Vincent C. Gray's pick to lead the troubled juvenile justice agency.
More Navigatorgate FOIAs, DYRS nominee in peril, juvenile escapees caught, MoCo Council versus cops, (Another) PG developer busted, Allen remains faithful, Bumpy rides for Metro, Bridge tolls increased, no charges in DC9 death
A council member with oversight of the District's juvenile justice agency says the hiring of a U.S. Coast Guard officer to lead the city's troubled two-year-old secure placement facility for D.C. youth may not pass "the smell test."