- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center
The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center is the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum (NASM)'s annex at Washington Dulles International Airport in the Chantilly area of Fairfax County, Virginia, United States. - Source: Wikipedia
Accustomed to free access to Smithsonian museums, visitors to the National Air and Space Museum's center in Chantilly can be taken aback by the hefty $15 parking fee.
Three parking attendants have been charged with stealing at least $400,000 in parking fees collected at a parking lot for the Smithsonian Institution's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, prosecutors said Monday.
If three days of Buddhist immersion doesn't completely clarify your worldview, fear not. In his sci-fi epic "The Forever War," Joe Haldeman writes, "All reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism."
Space shuttles Discovery and Enterprise stood nose to nose during a stirring ceremony at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on Thursday.
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney's got the edge on President Obama, thanks to those fickle independents and voter motivation. The Gallup Daily Tracking poll of general-election preferences among registered voters from April 11 to 15 reports that Mr. Romney garners 47 percent of the vote, Mr. Obama 45 percent. The previous findings gave Mr. Obama a 49-45 lead.
The Smithsonian Institution plans a four-day festival with NASA to welcome space shuttle Discovery into its collection in April.
Welcome to Washington, one of the most exciting and beautiful cities in the world. America's Federal City is the seat of government as well as a city of monuments and memorials.