- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Topic - Steven P. Bucci
"Congress has never shown any appetite for any BRAC because they, Congress, are by design taken out of the process," he said.
"If you cannot close installations, the only way to make those draconian cuts is to eliminate people and modernization programs," he said. "This too will kill jobs, both in the military and in any associated businesses."