- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
Latest Steven Warren Items
Susan E. Rice, the White House national security adviser, met with Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Monday in Kabul, while the Pentagon urged the leader to change his mind and sign a security pact that would allow thousands of American troops to stay in the country beyond a 2014 withdrawal deadline.
The Pentagon has given Marine Gen. John Allen, the former top commander in Afghanistan, time off to rest before facing a Senate confirmation hearing on his nomination to be NATO's next supreme commander, defense officials said Wednesday, pushing back against reports that he is considering abandoning the nomination.