- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
President wants everyone but himself to pay more
Topic - Stuart Long
When Stuart Long learned this week that a rival Capitol Hill bar owner had taken over his building's lease, forcing him to close the Hawk 'n' Dove bar and restaurant on Oct. 2, he was left with a mix of emotions - not the least was a deep sense of loss and disappointment.
Mr. Long, who has been operating without a long-term lease for the past two years, said he wasn't shocked that time ran out on the Hawk.
"I got out of law school in '67 and this has been my only job," said Mr. Long, who has been battling cancer. "This is where I start my day and finish it, for 44 years."