- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Suffolk County Police Department
A woman in New York says six police banged on her door and demanded information about her personal life — including specifics about her husband's job — shortly after she Google-searched for the phrase "pressure cookers."
An apparent explosion has destroyed a house in a Long Island suburb of New York, killing a child and sending 14 other people to hospitals.
After a yearlong search, police on New York's Long Island said Tuesday they think they have discovered the skeletal remains of a New Jersey prostitute whose disappearance sparked an investigation into a possible serial killing spree.
Florida Gov. Rick Scott on Monday reassigned his chief of staff to the state Department of Veterans' Affairs, signaling an internal shake-up of the freshman governor's executive office.
Investigators returned to a remote, densely overgrown stretch of a New York barrier island Tuesday in a search for more victims of a possible serial killer, a day after new discoveries brought the total number of bodies to eight.