- Americans for Prosperity launches new ads targeting Sens in La., Colo.
- NASA-funded study says modern society doomed, like the dodo
- Mass. police award 3-year-old girl for saving pregnant mother
- Sen. Barrasso: ‘Nothing flies, nothing shoots, nothing works’ in Ukrainian military
- RNC ‘autopsy’ authors: ‘Tremendous progress’ from a year ago
- Gun control groups turn to private sector to push crackdowns
- Study to test ‘chocolate’ pills for heart health
- Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested for DWI
- Obama, Abbas to meet Monday morning regarding peace talks
- Guinness quits New York’s St. Patrick’s Day parade over gay march prohibition
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
Topic - Suitland High School
Suitland High School is a public magnet high school located at 5200 Silver Hill Road, Forestville, Maryland 20747, long regarded for its Visual and Performing Arts magnet program. Suitland hosts a wide variety of specialized programs of instruction, which includes: the Center for Visual and Performing Arts magnet program; an International Baccalaureate (IB) magnet program; the [http://www.pgcps.org/~suitland/techacademy_files/cte_description.pdf Technical Academy] signature program; the [http://www.americaschoice.org/ America's Choice School Design] signature program; and the [http://www.naf.org/cps/rde/xchg/naf-2006/hs.xsl/373.htm Academy of Finance]. Suitland also hosted a third magnet program, the University High School, until the program was eliminated throughout the school system in 2006. - Source: Wikipedia
Five men are under arrest in the fatal shooting of Suitland High School student Charles Walker Jr., Prince George's County police said Wednesday.
Police have identified a 15-year-old boy who was slain near his home in Prince George's County.
A 15-year-old boy fatally shot in Prince George's County was the victim of a robber attempting to steal a pair of shoes he was carrying, police said Tuesday.
One person was killed and another critically injured after a double shooting Tuesday night in Forestville, Prince George's County police said.
The bad news about public schools often discolors the good, but there are schools that are preparing youths for life, college careers and bright futures. This is one parent's experience as her daughter rises through Suitland High School in Prince George's County.