- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Summer Olympic Games
Latest Summer Olympic Games Items
A commission looking at the viability of trying to bring the Summer Olympics to Boston in 2024 says finding space for an 80,000-seat Olympic Stadium and a 100-acre athletes' village would be major hurdles.
The American Cup is set to be the first gymnastics event in the $1.2 billion home of the Dallas Cowboys next year.
The crash didn't break them, it bonded them.
The Americans lead Canada's Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse by 0.23 seconds heading into Wednesday's two runs. Americans Jamie Greubel and Aja Evans are third, 0.56 seconds back.
Nordic combined athlete Evgeniy Klimov, under consideration by the Russian Olympic Committee to replace an injured ski jumping teammate, put on quite a show Saturday on a spring-like opening day of training for the large hill at the Sochi Games.
U.S. Olympic leaders are sounding out international officials in Sochi about a potential American bid for the games - and the feedback is positive.
The U.S. Olympic Committee is currently weighing a possible run for the 2024 Summer Games. If that's ruled out, the 2026 Winter Olympics would be an option.
In the summer of 1980, a group of journalists asked a Soviet official what the Soviet Union had contributed to building of Moscow's new West German-constructed Sheremetyevo Airport, which would deliver visitors to the Summer Olympics.
Seven years ago, Vladimir Putin traveled all the way to Guatemala to woo Olympic leaders with his grandiose vision: hosting the Winter Games in Russia's little-known Black Sea summer resort of Sochi.