- Man pulled from water believed to be disgraced D.C. cop
- Kabul airport hit by suicide bomber who targeted NATO gate
- European probe on course for a landing on a comet
- New budget accord saves $23 billion — after $65 billion spending spree
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Summit Entertainment
Summit Entertainment LLC (formerly Summit Entertainment LP) is a independent film studio headquartered in Santa Monica, California with international offices in London. - Source: Wikipedia
Lions Gate Entertainment seized a pot of gold.
Movie and TV studio Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. is creating a Hollywood powerhouse focused on young adult audiences with its purchase of Summit Entertainment, maker of the teen hit "Twilight" series, for $412.5 million, which the companies confirmed Friday.
Lions Gate is close to buying Summit Entertainment, the maker of the teen hit "Twilight" series for about $400 million in cash and stock.
Every year around now, tens of thousands of DVDs of movies still playing in theaters are sent by Hollywood studios to Oscar, Golden Globe and other awards voters.