- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Sun Belt Conference
The Sun Belt Conference is a college athletic conference that has been affiliated with the NCAA's Division I since 1976. Its football teams participate in the Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), the higher of two levels of Division I football competition (formerly known as Division I-A). The Sun Belt has member institutions distributed primarily across the southern United States. It has 12 universities and colleges. - Source: Wikipedia
Brandon Edwards had 33 points and 19 rebounds to lead Texas-Arlington to an 87-86 double overtime victory at Troy on Thursday night.
Melvin Johnson III scored 17 points Thursday night as Arkansas State overcame a poor shooting performance to beat Louisiana-Monroe 64-58.
Arkansas State is set to host Sun Belt Conference leading Georgia State in college basketball.
Hunter Williams scored 24 points as Troy hammered Louisiana-Monroe hard in the first half and coasted through the second en route to a 61-46 victory on Saturday night.
Arkansas State is to open its 2014 season with two difficult tests on the road in September.
Manny Atkins tied a career high with 27 points and Georgia State took down Texas-Arlington 77-49 Thursday to earn at least a share of the regular season Sun Belt Conference title.
Jayon James scored 19 points to lead Louisiana-Monroe to a 71-54 win over South Alabama on Thursday night.
Trency Jackson scored 25 points and Chris Harrison-Docks added 15 as Western Kentucky got off to a fast start and beat Louisiana-Monroe 72-63 on Saturday night.
Manny Atkins hit a 3-pointer with 0.8 seconds left to give Georgia State its 17th win in its last 18 games, an 80-77 victory over Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday night.
Manny Atkins scored 21 points and grabbed nine rebounds as Georgia State continued to roll in conference action with a 75-60 victory over Louisiana-Monroe Thursday.
Arkansas State is set to host Texas-Arlington in Sun Belt Conference basketball.
Mychal Ammons had 20 points and 11 rebounds to lead South Alabama to its second conference win of the year in a 69-62 upset at Western Kentucky on Saturday night.
New UAB coach Bill Clark has hired Bryant Vincent as offensive coordinator and Duwan Walker to run the defense.
Georgia State's doubleheader against Texas State planned for Thursday has been postponed due to the winter storm which has made travel hazardous in Atlanta.
Arkansas State is picked to finish tied for seventh and Arkansas-Little Rock is ninth in a preseason poll of Sun Belt Conference baseball coaches.