- Stocks gain as investors weigh economic news
- Doctors say ‘profound’ new HIV treatment may prove the cure
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- NYPD head Ray Kelly wins big retirement perk — a $1.5M tax-paid team of bodyguards
- #smh: Pentagon may forgive recruits’ vulgar, disrespectful social media posts
- Libraries to feds: Stop spying on us
- Britain eyes new powers to thwart Islamic extremists
- Angry NTSB ousts railroad union from N.Y. train crash site
- Sen. Bernie Sanders hints at White House run
- Westboro Baptists slam actor Paul Walker: He’s ‘in Hell’
By Tom Harris and Madhav Khandekar
Bad science puts rich nations on the hook for trillions in climate liabilities
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Susan B. Anthony List
The Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization that seeks to eliminate abortion in the U.S. by supporting pro-life politicians, primarily women, through its SBA List Candidate Fund political action committee. It has over 365,000 members.[http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/a-feminine-face-for-the-anti-abortion-movement/2011/11/02/gIQAwd7kiM_story.html A feminine face for the anti-abortion movement] - Source: Wikipedia
The new law in Texas that bans abortions after 20 weeks gestation and strengthens health standards at abortion clinics has transformed Gov. Rick Perry and pro-life state lawmakers into legislative role models of sorts.
President Obama offered a defiant defense of government funding for Planned Parenthood Friday and urged the group's members to help his administration sign up more women for benefits under his besieged health-care law.
"Regardless of the final results of the election, Wednesday, Nov. 7 continues a gigantic battle between small-government, constitutional conservatives and the big-government Republicans for the heart and soul of the GOP," longtime conservative maven Richard Viguerie tells Inside the Beltway.
Planned Parenthood: Abortion conglomerate or benign guardian of women's health?
"Everything you love about America, all the freedoms our forefathers fought for. All of it is under attack by Barack Obama. But the media won't tell you that," says National Rifle Association Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre in an new video salvo from the group aimed at the 2012 presidential campaign.
In a year when spending, deficits and debt have dominated the national debate, the recent push to strip Planned Parenthood of government funding is a reminder that the abortion issue retains its political potency.
President Obama called for overturning a decade-old ban on publicly funded abortions in the District as part of his budget proposal Thursday, but did not overturn the national ban on federal funding.