- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Susan B. Anthony
Latest Susan B. Anthony Items
We are fast becoming a nation where convenience and ease surpass ingenuity, creativity and even stubborn "Yankee pride." And I've got news for you: There isn't a thing wrong with pride when it is funneled into creative channels.
Former Rep. Steve Driehaus says the Susan B. Anthony List is a big-time liar that cost him his job in Congress.
Left-wing attempts to restrict free speech aren't new. Even before the Tucson shooting, a recently defeated Ohio congressman asked government to punish a pro-life group because he didn't like their ads criticizing his voting record. His position is such an offense to freedom that even the liberal American Civil Liberties Union weighed in on behalf of pro-lifers.
A big, juicy debate with f-bombs and finger-pointing? Uh, no. The five hopefuls who gathered Monday to make their case for Republican National Committee chairmanship at the National Press Club were perfectly on message, delivering flawlessly timed talking points in dulcet tones. Their handlers must have been delighted.
Gearing up for another midterm battle, women's groups on opposite sides of the abortion debate have a new point of contention - former Alaska Republican Gov. Sarah Palin and her crop of "mama grizzly" endorsements.
A deft strategy has emerged from the Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles, which has launched "Vota Tus Valores" — vote your values — a $1 million voter-outreach campaign to educate Hispanic voters about the pro-life/traditional marriage/free-enterprise platform of U.S. Senate candidate Carly Fiorina in California.
"Tea party" activists say Tuesday's elections show that the Republican Party needs conservatives for victory, but the results suggest solidarity is more important: unified Republicans steamrolled in Virginia, while they fractured in New York and lost a House seat that they had held for more than a century.