- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Topic - Susan Cain
"The smarter you are, the less noise you make in every facet of life." This sentence, uttered by Adam Carolla, a man who talks into a microphone for a living, should be enshrined on statues and added to the Book of Proverbs. It is a rebuke to the cultural consensus, which prizes go-getters and noisemakers who go to hellish places and say nothing worth hearing (e.g., "Jersey Shore").
Ms. Cain mentions Al Gore, an introvert who leads the fight against moderately higher temperatures.