- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
- Sebelius calls for review of Obamacare rollout woes
- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Susan Martin
Police have arrested two people in the fatal shooting of Eastern Michigan University football player at an off-campus apartment complex, the Ypsilanti school announced Monday.
Investigators say Eastern Michigan University football player Demarius Reed was shot multiple times in what may have been a robbery.
A federal investigator who responded to the 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood says the crime scene was gruesome, with bodies and medical equipment "all over the floor."
University President Susan Martin issued a statement thanking city and campus police investigators for their work "in identifying suspects in this tragic and senseless crime against a wonderful student and inspiring young man."
"The circumstances involving his death remain under investigation at this time by the Ypsilanti Police Department," school President Susan Martin said. "Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends, and his teammates on the football team."