- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Susan Zuccotti
This book tells the story of the efforts to rescue Jews living in France and Italy during the Nazi persecution. Though not as brutal as in Germany and Eastern Europe, the dangers these Jews faced and the large numbers deported and killed in concentration camps is equally appalling.
Ms. Zuccotti says he strongly denied the urban legend that he retained the key to the Roman Synagogue during the Nazi occupation and reopened it for the Jews after the Allies liberated the city.
Author Susan Zuccotti says that hiding, feeding and transporting these Jews to safe zones was done by Christians and Jews working together.