- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Susie Doyle
An off-duty Arlington County sheriff's deputy fatally shot an Alexandria man early Wednesday morning.
Maj. Susie Doyle, director of administration in the Arlington County Sheriff's Office, said Deputy Patterson is a 17-year veteran of the agency and that this was the first time he had been involved in a fatal shooting.
"Certainly nothing major, because he was a good employee," Maj. Doyle said.