- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Latest Swati Dlamini Items
The newest reality television show is in some ways like any other: mother and daughters, sibling rivalry, family gossip and talk of Big Grandpa, who is very strict but loves it when his great-grandchildren are around making a racket. But that’s where the twist comes in: Big Grandpa is Nelson Mandela, the anti-apartheid legend.
Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, the controversial ex-wife of anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela, is featured as a doting and beloved grandmother and materfamilias in “Being Mandela,” a new reality series chronicling the fashion-forward lives of sisters Zaziwe Dlamini-Manaway and Swati Dlamini, the granddaughters of Mr. Mandela, 94, and Madikizela-Mandela, 76.
Nelson Mandela's granddaughters are considering a proposal to star in a TV documentary about young African professionals and the continent's potential, one of the women told The Associated Press Thursday.