- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Topic - Switzerland
At 6-foot-6, Eliot Antonietti is the biggest player at Caps development camp. And his beard is legendary.
The Kazakh city of Almaty, Beijing and Oslo made the list of finalists. Whether Oslo stays in until next year's vote remains uncertain.
The United States takes on Belgium for a chance to reach the quarterfinals for the first time since 2002.
With a penalty shootout looming, Messi made a surging run toward the Swiss area and laid the ball off to Angel Di Maria on the right, and the winger sent a left-foot shot past diving goalkeeper Diego Benaglio.
There are a bunch of possibilities for Group E, but in all likelihood France will be joined by Ecuador or Switzerland.
The seeded Swiss national team face their first test in Karim Benzema and France.
In a match that looked destined to end in a draw, Swiss substitute Haris Seferovic fired home the winner in the closing seconds.
France will head to the World Cup as the favorite in Group E despite strong competition from a well-organized Switzerland coached by Ottmar Hitzfeld.
Switzerland coach Ottmar Hitzfeld plans to end his illustrious career in Brazil, ideally in July and not June.
Perhaps this is Switzerland's best chance to make an impression at the World Cup.
Switzerland has built a reputation at recent tournaments as an underachiever making unlamented early exits. This young, hard-to-beat team can change that at the World Cup in Brazil.
England survived defensive lapses to overcome Peru 3-0 on Friday in its final game at Wembley Stadium before the World Cup.
Josip Drmic's emergence as Switzerland's best source of World Cup goals continued Friday, striking late in a 1-0 warmup win over Jamaica.
Brazilian-born Portugal soccer player Deco was cleared of doping Tuesday because of faulty procedures by a Rio de Janeiro laboratory which has since been suspended from World Cup testing.
Hertha Berlin has signed Switzerland midfielder Valentin Stocker from Swiss champion FC Basel.