- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
Latest Switzerland Items
Barclays bank has suspended six traders amid an investigation into whether international currency markets were rigged, the BBC, the Financial Times and other outlets reported Saturday.
CSKA Moscow will play Bayern Munich in a partly closed stadium as punishment for fans racially abusing Manchester City players at a Champions League match.
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has fired Deputy Prime Minister Qadri Jamil for leaving the country and acting without government permission after meeting met U.S. officials in Switzerland, the state-run Syrian Arab News Agency reported Tuesday.
Nine countries have already joined host nation Brazil in next year's World Cup and more will secure their places when qualifying resumes across the globe from Friday.
Switzerland will vote on whether to have an unconditional guaranteed basic income of 2,500 Swiss francs per month from the state. Thinkers as varied as MLK and Nixon supported similar proposals in the late 1960s to alleviate poverty.
In a candid and lengthy Q&A with New York magazine, Justice Antonin Scalia touched on a wide breadth of topics that have absolutely nothing to do with his job at the Supreme Court.
A noted legal rights activist in China has gone missing, and her colleagues and supporters say it's no coincidence her disappearance follows a recent interrogation session with police.
Syrians fleeing violence should be allowed to resettle in other Muslim countries
Voters in a predominantly Italian area of Switzerland voted Sunday to ban full-face veils, a decision that has outraged the country's Muslim community and Amnesty International, the Agence France-Presse reported.