- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Latest Sylvester Young Items
A D.C. teen who beat a guard at a secure detention facility for juveniles and escaped in the man's car was charged Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Maryland.
An escape from the District's juvenile detention facility that involved the brutal beating of a corrections officer has caused labor leaders and city officials to confront issues threatening to derail the confirmation of Mayor Vincent C. Gray's pick to head the city's troubled juvenile justice agency, union officials say.
A corrections officer was severely beaten during an escape at the District's secure youth facility in an incident Sunday night that has shocked even veteran corrections officials, who say the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services failed to heed warnings that staffing levels were inadequate.