- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Sylvia Nasar
The Columbia University professor who wrote "A Beautiful Mind" has filed suit against the school over almost $1 million that she says she's owed.
According to a summons filed in state Supreme Court in Manhattan, Sylvia Nasar says Columbia owes her $923,000 dating back to September 1998 from an endowment grant from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
She has written for numerous publications including The New York Times and The New Yorker magazine.