- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Syria Items
Secretary of State John F. Kerry, in an apparent warning to Iran, tried to reassure America's Arab friends on Sunday that the United States will not allow them to be attacked "from outside."
First it was Egypt, now oil sheiks worrying that U.S. has become too unsteady
Officials say Israeli warplanes attacked a military target inside Syria.
The top U.S. diplomat on Syria defended Thursday the Obama administration's aid to moderate Syrian rebels trying to topple President Bashar Assad, as senators criticized the assistance as an embarrassment that has made the United States look weak.
A nuclear weapons watchdog group said Thursday that Syria has destroyed its capability to produce chemical weapons, in accordance with an international agreement and ahead of schedule.
Syria has become al Qaeda's largest safe haven, with more than 10,000 fighters who outnumber the terrorist network's core organization in Pakistan and its affiliates in North Africa and the Arabian Peninsula.
A Syrian activist group says more than 120,000 people have been killed since the start of the country's civil war nearly three years ago.
Israel has conducted two airstrikes on Syrian military bases, one near the port city of Latakia and the other near the capital, Damascus.
Secretary of State John F. Kerry lauded international weapons inspectors Thursday for working "with unprecedented speed" toward eliminating Syria's chemical weapons stocks in accordance with the recent pressure put on Syria by the U.S., Russia and other permanent members of the U.N. Securtiy Council to destroy the weapons.