- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Latest Syrian Government Items
Syria has accepted a peace plan by U.N. envoy Kofi Annan that includes a cease-fire by the Syrian government, but the bloodshed persisted Tuesday as intense clashes between government troops and rebels spilled across the border into Lebanon, officials said.
Syrian troops backed by tanks stormed a northwestern town on Saturday in the latest of a series of pushes by regime forces into rebel-held areas, but faced strong resistance from defending army defectors, activists said.
As Syria's bloodshed deepens, the British-born first lady has become an object of contempt for many, a Marie Antoinette figure who shopped online for crystal-encrusted Christian Louboutin stilettos while her country burned.
Syrian government forces fired machine guns and mortar rounds Friday in fierce clashes with rebel army defectors in a town near the Turkish border, a Syrian activist group reported, as a European Union official said the wife of Syria's president will be hit with a travel ban and have her assets in the EU frozen.
Syrian troops shelled and raided opposition areas and clashed with rebel fighters around the country Thursday despite U.N. efforts to stop the bloodshed so aid could reach suffering civilians.
Britain's finance minister has cut the rate of tax the country's wealthiest citizens will pay, but he insisted the rich will pay more through a raft of measures to prevent tax avoidance and a punitive new charge on expensive property sales.
U.N. Security Council diplomats said Wednesday they have agreed on a council statement backing former Secretary-General Kofi Annan's efforts to end the yearlong bloodshed in Syria.
Russia on Tuesday said it's ready to support a U.N. resolution endorsing former U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan's plan for settling the Syrian crisis, signaling it is prepared to raise the pressure on its old ally.
An explosion struck near a Syrian government security building in the northern city of Aleppo Sunday while a harsh security crackdown prevented opposition rallies marking one year since the first nationwide protests in the uprising against President Bashar Assad.