- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
Latest Syrian Intelligence Items
Syria on Sunday rejected Turkey's allegations that it was behind two car bombs that killed 46 people in Turkey. Turkey's prime minister vowed Sunday his country won't be drawn into Syria's civil war, despite twin car bombings the government believes were carried out by a group of Turks with close ties to pro-government groups in Syria.
Shooting between Sunni and Shiite Muslim gunmen in southern Lebanon killed three people and wounded at least five Sunday, officials said, in the latest sign Syria's civil war may be spilling over to Lebanon.
Calm returned to the streets of Lebanon's capital Tuesday, a day after troops launched a major security operation to quell fighting touched off by the assassination of a top anti-Syrian intelligence chief.
Syrian troops backed by tanks and helicopters broke into a Damascus suburb Thursday. The action followed two days of shelling and intense clashes as part of a widening offensive by President Bashar Assad to seize control of parts of the capital and surrounding areas from rebel fighters, activists said.
While Syrian protesters and security forces are engaged in a war of attrition on the ground, a different kind of battle is emerging online.
The Treasury Department on Tuesday added two Iranian groups and seven Iranians to its terrorism blacklist for their support of terrorists in Afghanistan and the Middle East under the guise of providing development assistance or social services.