- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Syrian Muslim Brotherhood
:This article refers to the Syrian organisation called the Muslim Brotherhood; for other organisations that use the same name, see the Muslim Brotherhood article.The Muslim Brotherhood of Syria (Arabic: الإخوان المسلمون في سوريا Al-Ikhwan Al-Muslimun fi Suriya) has been described as "a branch" of the Sunni Islamist Muslim Brotherhood, and as "very loosely affiliated" to the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood. It has also been called the "dominant group" or "dominant force" in the opposition during the Syrian uprising as of spring 2012. The group's stated political positions are moderate and in its recent April 2012 manifesto it "pledges to respect individual rights", promote pluralism and democracy, and does not even "mention the word Islam". - Source: Wikipedia
Beleaguered Syrian President Bashar Assad said Thursday that the toppling of Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi was a good thing for Egypt and sends a clear message to those who would use religion for political gain: Don't try.
Syrian anti-government groups struck a deal Sunday under intense international pressure to form a new opposition leadership that will include representatives from the country's disparate factions fighting to topple President Bashar Assad's regime, activists said.