- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Latest Syrian Observatory Items
International inspectors have so far visited three sites linked to Syria's chemical weapons program, a spokesman said Thursday, as the team races to destroy the country's stockpile and delivery systems amid a raging civil war.
The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS), an umbrella organization of Iraqi insurgent groups operating in Syria, says girls in a village it controls will not be allowed to attend school unless they wear Islamic clothing, a monitoring group said Saturday.
Syria's president vowed Sunday to abide by last week's U.N. resolution calling for the country's chemical weapons stockpile to be dismantled and destroyed.
A local chief of an al Qaeda-affiliated terror organization was killed in clashes among rebels in the Syrian province of Idlib on Sunday, Agence France-Presse reported.
Fighters from the al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front have reportedly killed 22 people, including women, children and elderly men, in an Alawite village in central Syria, a rights monitoring group said on Thursday.
Al Qaeda-linked Syrian rebels who seized the ancient regime-held Christian town of Maalula last week forced at least one person to convert to Islam at gunpoint and executed another one after he refused, residents said Tuesday, Agence France-Presse reported.
Al Qaeda-linked Syrian rebels attacked a regime-held Christian village in Maaloula Wednesday morning as militants commandeered a mountaintop hotel and opened fire on the community below.
Syrian government troops fired mortar rounds that slammed into a main market in a town in northern Syria on Sunday, killing at least 20 civilians, activist groups said.
Western-backed opposition fighters and a faction of al-Qaida-linked rebels turned their guns on each other Saturday in Syria's largest city, battling for control of a key checkpoint in the latest eruption of infighting among the forces trying to topple President Bashar Assad's regime, activists said.