- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
Latest Syrian Observatory Items
Government forces surrounded residents of a restive Syrian village in a valley and killed all those trapped inside — more than 100 people — in a barrage of rockets, tank shells, bombs and gunfire that lasted for hours, a witness and two activist groups said Wednesday.
Syrian security forces this week killed more than 200 people on the eve of a visit by international observers monitoring Syria's compliance with an Arab League peace plan, according to eyewitnesses, activists and opposition sources.
An Iranian exile group says more than 3,000 of its members based in a camp in Iraq are ready to leave if they get U.S. and U.N. security guarantees.
Armed clashes erupted in Syria Sunday, killing at least 14 civilians and six government troops in central and northern Syria, activists said in the latest sign that the nation's uprising may be deteriorating into civil war.
Armed clashes erupted in Syria on Sunday, killing at least 14 civilians and six government troops in center and north of the country, activists said, the latest sign that the nation's uprising may be deteriorating into civil war.
Gunmen believed to be army defectors opened fire on a military convoy in central Syria on Wednesday, killing eight soldiers in a retaliatory ambush after troops destroyed a civilian car, an activist group said.
Syrian security forces fired on a funeral procession in a restive northwestern border region, killing two people and raising Tuesday's death toll to at least 28, activists said.
Syrians closed their businesses and kept children home from school Monday as part of a general strike, a powerful show of civil disobedience to pressure President Bashar Assad to end his 9-month-old crackdown on a popular uprising.
Syrian troops battled army defectors Sunday in clashes that left several military vehicles in flames. The fighting and other violence around the nation killed at least five people, activists said.