- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Taiwan Items
China's recent military exercises revealed that it is preparing for a short war with Japan over disputed islands in the East China Sea, a Navy intelligence official recently warned.
This week's visit to China by a minister-level Taiwanese official — the first in the 65 years since the communists took over the mainland — has evoked a media frenzy focused on the itinerary and protocols.
China and Taiwan representatives met Tuesday for landmark, previously “unimaginable” discussions aimed, most likely, at opening more doors to trade.
The Taiwanese navy this week conducted an anti-submarine warfare drill as part of a recent effort to improve the island's defenses against a Chinese underwater attack.
In light of Bill Gertz's Jan. 9 "Inside the Ring," which includes mention of a declassified CIA report from May 1971 that addressed the Diaoyutai (Senkaku in Japanese) islets dispute in the East China Sea, we feel the need to set the record straight about the islands' history and ownership.
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Gov. Bobby Jindal's administration is providing few details about the governor's Asian economic development mission, which begins Saturday.
Crowds lined up at the Taipei Zoo in Taipei, Taiwan, on Monday to see the first public appearance of a giant 6-month-old panda.
A 30,000 square-foot monument honoring fallen agents who had been sent to spy on Taiwan opened recently to the public at the command headquarters area of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) outside Beijing.
China's effort to isolate Japan as its primary regional competitor has unraveled in less than a week: World powers rallied to echo Tokyo's outrage over Beijing setting up an air defense zone that encompasses much of the air defense zones of neighboring countries.