- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Taiwan Items
The Taiwanese navy this week conducted an anti-submarine warfare drill as part of a recent effort to improve the island's defenses against a Chinese underwater attack.
Southern California conservationists are carving up the beautiful golden shells of rare tortoises to protect them from poachers.
In light of Bill Gertz's Jan. 9 "Inside the Ring," which includes mention of a declassified CIA report from May 1971 that addressed the Diaoyutai (Senkaku in Japanese) islets dispute in the East China Sea, we feel the need to set the record straight about the islands' history and ownership.
China’s military last week conducted the first flight test of a new ultra-high speed missile vehicle aimed at delivering warheads through U.S. missile defenses, Pentagon officials said.
At the start of his Asian business development trip, Gov. Bobby Jindal has met with the president of Taiwan and executives from Formosa Plastics Corp.
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Gov. Bobby Jindal's administration is providing few details about the governor's Asian economic development mission, which begins Saturday.
China's new president, Xi Xinping, has discarded former leader Deng Xiaoping's cautious foreign policy of "bide our time, hide our capabilities," by mounting increasing military challenges to America's Asian allies and to U.S. leadership.
Crowds lined up at the Taipei Zoo in Taipei, Taiwan, on Monday to see the first public appearance of a giant 6-month-old panda.
A massive yellow rubber ducky that stands more than 59 feet high and was floating in waters around Taiwan lost its luster New Year’s Day, deflating and sagging, leaving tourists despondent and dejected.