- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest Taliban Items
Taliban militants attacked local security checkpoints in a provincial capital in northern Afghanistan, killing two policemen in a fight that also left 18 insurgents dead, Afghan officials said Saturday.
As the Obama administration prepares for a potential sit-down with the Taliban, the White House hasn't decided whether it will entertain a trade offer that would return an American soldier held since 2009 in exchange for five Taliban operatives held at Guantanamo Bay.
Taliban militants in Afghanistan have offered a trade to the United States: Give us five senior operatives imprisoned in Guantanamo Bay and we'll free one American soldier held captive since 2009.
Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel was apparently joking when he asked an Indian questioner at the University of Nebraska Wednesday whether he was a member of the Taliban.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Wednesday suspended talks on a bilateral security deal with the United States to protest the Obama administration's handling of peace negotiations with the Taliban militants who sheltered Osama bin Laden in Afghanistan.
Taliban militants said Wednesday they killed four U.S. military troops in a rocket attack targeting the Bagram Air Base just outside Kabul.
A military judge on Tuesday refused a three-month trial delay for the Army psychiatrist charged in the deadly 2009 Fort Hood shooting rampage.
The Obama administration will open formal talks with the Taliban this week aimed at ending insurgent attacks, officials said Tuesday.
One of the most significant turning points in one of America's longest and costliest wars is imminent: Afghanistan's fledgling security forces are taking the lead for security nationwide, bringing the moment of truth on the question of whether they are ready to fight an insurgency that remains resilient after nearly 12 years of conflict.