- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
Topic - Talladega
Talladega can have multiple uses: - Source: Wikipedia
In a hurry to fly back to Indianapolis, Chip Ganassi abruptly left the news conference after Jamie McMurray's upset victory in the Sprint All-Star race. Before he stepped down from the podium, Ganassi leaned in and planted a kiss on McMurray's cheek.
Denny Hamlin refused to worry about earning a spot in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship, even as driver after driver won a race to theoretically claim one of the 16 berths.
Denny Hamlin started his full-time career at Joe Gibbs Racing with an upset victory in an exhibition race at Daytona. Over the years, he added three more wins in races that didn't count, including a sweep this season in the buildup to the Daytona 500.
Brad Keselowski figures he was just being aggressive, down six laps and hoping some breaks would allow him back into contention. It was, after all, Talladega Superspeedway where anything can happen.
Harvick was the leader on a restart with two laps to go and Hamlin drag-raced him for the lead. Then Harvick was hung out without any drafting partners and Hamlin pulled out to a comfortable lead.
Most of Elliott Sadler's memories of Talladega Superspeedway are unpleasant. They either involve a horrific 2003 crash in which his car flipped several times and slid forever through the grass on its roof, or many different ways he'd come up empty racing for a win.
David Ragan's surprise victory last season at Talladega Superspeedway gave his fledgling Front Row Motorsports team a taste of the potential inside the organization.
Through the first four months of 2014, Dale Earnhardt Jr. has landed a new sponsor, another Daytona 500 win and an award selected by the media.
Josh Wise made it to Talladega Superspeedway the new-fashioned way.
The Alabama Gang will once again have a significant presence at Talladega Superspeedway, where they were frequent contenders.
All Times EDT
Talladega Superspeedway is teaming with Jeff Gordon to help the four-time NASCAR champion's push to raise funds for pediatric cancer research.