- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Talmadge Branch Items
Last year, the Maryland General Assembly passed laws on gambling, gay marriage and in-state tuition for illegal immigrants. Up next: cable companies, cart thieves and crab sandwiches.
Maryland House lawmakers appear ready to make drastic changes to a gambling expansion bill that the Senate passed last week, but Democratic House leaders still don't know whether they will have enough votes.
Md. redistricting map reaches House; O'Malley administration uses special session to push jobs, gas-tax increase; Va. considers cutting local road maintenance payments; Va. appeals court upholds Blood member's 'Crips-related' defense; Police find body of missing 11-year-old in Clarksburg; D.C. ends arrests for expired tags; Davis wins Leslie Johnson's seat in Prince George's; Five D.C. homicides in four days; Caps are 5-0, franchise record.
The Maryland House of Delegates will begin debate Wednesday on Gov. Martin O'Malley's proposed congressional-redistricting plan, after the Senate easily approved the plan Tuesday.