- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
tampa bay rays
Latest tampa bay rays Items
Adrian Beltre homered to spark a five-run second inning, and the Boston Red Sox beat the Baltimore Orioles 6-4 on Thursday night to salvage a .500 road trip.
Jose Bautista has hit his major league-leading 43rd homer during the Toronto Blue Jays' 10-run sixth inning against the Tampa Bay Rays.
Charlie Manuel scoffed at the notion of second place. So did Phillies stars Jimmy Rollins and Roy Oswalt.
Jeremy Hellickson threw six sharp innings to become the first Tampa Bay pitcher to win his first three major league starts, and the Rays beat the Baltimore Orioles 3-2 on Sunday.
Alex Rodriguez was not in the lineup against the Tampa Bay Rays, but came up short in his chase of 600 home runs as a pinch hitter in the seventh inning on Sunday.
The Arizona Diamondbacks traded away an All-Star pitcher for the second time in a week, sending right-hander Edwin Jackson to the Chicago White Sox on Friday for rookie Daniel Hudson and prospect David Holmberg.
The Arizona Diamondbacks traded catcher Chris Snyder, minor league shortstop Pedro Ciriaco and cash to the Pittsburgh Pirates on Saturday for former AL Rookie of the Year Bobby Crosby, outfielder Ryan Church and right-hander D.J. Carrasco.
Wade Davis shrugged off a rocky start to pitch seven innings and Matt Joyce hit a three-run homer Friday night to lead the surging Tampa Bay Rays over the New York Yankees 3-2.
First lady Michelle Obama showed off her throwing arm Tuesday after making a pitch to Major League Baseball to help her fight childhood obesity.