- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - Tatiana Volosozhar
The Russian figure skating federation says Olympic gold medalists Adelina Sotnikova, and Maxim Trankov and Tatiana Volosozhar won't be going to this month's world championships in Japan.
Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov of Russia win Olympic gold in pairs figure skating.
Russia or the Soviet Union had won gold in 12 straight Olympics in the event before the streak ended four years ago, when the Russians failed to take home any pairs medal from Vancouver.
Maxim Trankov hopes young figure skaters all over Russia will take inspiration from what he and Tatiana Volosozhar accomplished at the Olympics.
Maxim Trankov patted the ice then kissed his hand.
The Olympic record books are loaded with Russian pairs wins. Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov are closing in on another.
Maxim Trankov leaned in front of his teammates as they huddled with President Vladimir Putin and gave a thumbs-up.
Three-time Olympic medalist Evgeni Plushenko finished second to Japan's Yuzuru Hanyu in the men's portion Thursday night, then world champions Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov convincingly won the pairs.
Russia's world champion pairs figure skaters didn't have to look far for inspiration. They got it from the local hero.
Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy want to end their career with Olympic figure skating gold in Sochi, the only title missing from the German pair's impressive collection.
Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov retained their title Russia in the pairs event at the European figure skating championships on Sunday despite a series of errors.