- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Topic - Taver Johnson
Arkansas assistant head coach Taver Johnson has done his best to put his blinders on for nearly two weeks now.
With Bobby Petrino not on the field and his conduct under review by his boss, Arkansas is doing its best to concentrate on spring practice.
Ohio State assistant football coach Taver Johnson has been hired to coach the linebackers at Arkansas.
"No, no, not at all," Johnson said. "Not one bit. Things happen for a reason. My family and I, this coaching staff, these players, we're all here for a reason."
he said last week that he would consider hiring both a proven, permanent head coach now as well as promoting a current member of the staff on an interim basis before opening the search back up after next season.