- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
Latest Tavis Smiley Items
PBS host Tavis Smiley appeared on "This Week With George Stephanopoulos" Sunday morning, arguing that President Obama is "dishonoring" Martin Luther King Jr.'s legacy of nonviolence with his proposed military actions against Syria.
President Obama's personal remarks Friday on his reaction to the George Zimmerman verdict have been praised by many, including the parents of Trayvon Martin, but black talk-show host Tavis Smiley says it's too little too late.
Facing an uproar from President Obama's most loyal base of supporters, the White House on Thursday rejected claims that Mr. Obama stereotyped blacks when he told them to "take off your bedroom slippers" and work for his re-election.
Conductor Gustavo Dudamel's passion for music education is on display in a new PBS special.