- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Taylor Hall
Ralph Krueger was fired Saturday as coach of the Edmonton Oilers after leading the team to a 12th-place finish in the Western Conference in his lone season.
Marine Sgt. Eusebio Lopez, 25, shot and killed two fellow Marines before turning the gun on himself Thursday evening at the base at which they were stationed in Quantico, Va.
The Edmonton Oilers have locked up forward Taylor Hall with a seven-year contract extension.
The Edmonton Oilers are getting tired of going first in the NHL draft and Nail Yakupov knows part of his job is to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Nail Yakupov is ready to live with the spotlight that comes with being a No. 1 pick.
The Edmonton Oilers kept everyone guessing. There was no declaration when they won the NHL draft lottery and no indications up until 7:14 on Friday night whom they'd take with the No. 1 pick.
Nail Yakupov is ready to live with the pressure of being a No. 1 pick.
Edmonton Oilers left wing Taylor Hall sat out Tuesday's game against the Columbus Blue Jackets after cutting his head when he accidentally made contact with a teammate during pregame warmups.
When the "new NHL" came about and there was a league-wide commitment to calling tighter games, the idea was to open the game up for more offense.
There's a little rule in the NHL that allows teams to keep players of a certain ripe age around for nine games before deciding whether to keep them for the season or return them to their junior or European teams.
As impressive as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has been in his first seven NHL games, the rookie sensation has no guarantee he will remain in the big leagues all season.
Top overall pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will start the season with the Edmonton Oilers and is set to make his NHL debut against the Pittsburgh Penguins at home on Sunday.
With a roster full of young talent, the Edmonton Oilers are eager to end their lengthy playoff drought.
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins was picked first in the NHL draft by the Edmonton Oilers on Friday night.
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is widely considered the best available player in this weekend's NHL draft.