- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
By Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
Topic - Tdi
Three Audi vehicles earned awards from the 2012 Motorist Choice Awards, presented by automotive industry research companies IntelliChoice and AutoPacific. The awards are designed to recognize those vehicles that reflect the awareness of the consumer and exemplify the results of practical analysis, such as total cost of ownership, resale value and fuel economy.
Volkswagen is on a roll in the United States. Overall sales for the brand were up 35.4 percent year-on-year for the first six months of 2012. And the momentum continues into model year 2013 with the introduction of new derivatives of the Jetta and the Beetle, a significantly changed CC four-door coupe, and some important upgrades to the Jetta and the Eos. All models except the Routan get changes for 2013.
In conjunction with the 24 Hours of Le Mans, Audi is presenting the new top model of its recently revised Q5 model series - the Audi SQ5 TDI. Boosted by two turbochargers, its 3.0 TDI produces a brawny 230 kW (313 hp) and 650 Nm (479.42 lb-ft) of torque between 1,450 and 2,800 rpm. The Audi SQ5 TDI will roll into dealerships in the first quarter of 2013 and is the first S model in the history of Audi with a diesel engine.
Sporty, spacious, comfortable and multifunctional - the Audi Q5 has a versatile and successful character. Now the mid-class SUV is even more attractive, efficient and sporty -adding many new solutions in design, infotainment, chassis and engines. The Q5 hybrid quattro, the brand's first production hybrid model, unites the power of a V6 with the fuel economy of a four cylinder.
Over the past four decades, well over 15 million Passat cars have been built. Along with its favourable all-round qualities, the success of the bestseller - which is sold on all of the world's continents - can be attributed to the Passat's wide and diverse range of versions.
When the first Beetle rolled off the production line, it was simply called the Volkswagen-"the people's car"-but its distinctive shape inspired nicknames across the globe: Beetle, Kafer, Vocho, Coccinelle, Fusca, or Maggiolio. In total, 21.5 million cars were sold, making it the most popular car manufactured off a single platform of all time.
Volkswagen has redefined craftsmanship with their world debut of the all-new Passat, a transformational car in Volkswagen's ambitious growth plan for the U.S. market.