- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Obama’s post re-election stats irk: 81 golf rounds, 75 fundraisers
- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
Latest Technology_Internet Items
Steve Jobs, who died Wednesday, had a deep bench of executives who have been with Apple Inc. for more than a dozen years _ an unusual lineup for a company in the fast-moving technology world.
A list of the men who have held the chief executive role at Apple Inc.:
Key dates related to the health of Apple Inc. CEO Steve Jobs:
NAME: Steven Paul Jobs
SO LONG, STEVE: Steve Jobs, the co-founder of Apple Inc. and father of the iPhone, has died at age 56. His family said he died peacefully surrounded by family.
FAREWELL: Steve Wozniak, who started Apple with Steve Jobs in 1976, says he'll miss his fellow co-founder "as much as everyone."
Steve Jobs had no formal schooling in engineering, yet he's listed as the inventor or co-inventor on more than 300 U.S. patents. These are some of the significant products that were created under his direction:
Steve Jobs pushed the envelope many times when it came to product design, and the results weren't always pretty. Here are seven products created under his direction that failed commercially or functionally:
Steve Jobs saw the future and led the world to it. He moved technology from garages to pockets, took entertainment from discs to bytes and turned gadgets into extensions of the people who use them.