- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Technology_Internet Items
SCALING BACK: Intel Corp., whose microprocessors are inside 80 percent of the world's personal computers, lowered its third-quarter forecast, saying demand for consumer PCs has been weaker than expected.
Federal regulators are taking a closer look at Google Inc.'s plans to buy travel technology company ITA Software Inc. in a $700 million all-cash deal announced last month.
Shares of ArcSight Inc. got a boost Friday after a report in the Wall Street Journal said the provider of network security software and services could be sold as soon as next week.
THE LATEST BIDDING: Hewlett-Packard Co. boosted its bid for 3Par Inc. to $1.88 billion Friday. It's 11 percent more than an offer Dell Inc. made public just hours earlier.
Microsoft co-founder and billionaire Paul Allen is suing nearly a dozen major technology companies, including Google Inc. and Apple Inc., alleging that they infringed on four Web technology patents held by his company Interval Licensing LLC.
Hewlett-Packard Co. said Thursday it is raising its offer for data-storage maker 3Par Inc. to about $1.69 billion, topping a revised bid that rival Dell Inc. made public earlier in the day.
Nissan North America, Inc. released information and photography of the new, refined 2011 Nissan Murano, which is set to go on sale at Nissan dealers nationwide in mid-October.
Scientists using cutting-edge technology to explore waters off Indonesia were wowed by colorful and diverse images of marine life on the ocean floor _ including plate-sized sea spiders and flower-like sponges that appear to be carnivorous.
Review website Yelp is testing out "Yelp Deals" _ large discounts at local businesses that site users can buy on one day only.